"Some people are lucky"

Let's speak to this common phrase, "Some people are lucky."


I don't know anything about luck. I have never banked on it, and I am afraid of people who do. Luck, to me, is HARD WORK - and realising an opportunity and what isn't.


I had to purposefully plan and strategise what I want to achieve by when. I consciously decided to do less partying (I don't think I have ever started 😊), reduce reckless spending, watch less of Netflix, and movies to achieve my goals. Likewise:

  • Her body is banging hot because she decided to eat clean, meditate, and worked out every day.
  • His business is successful because he puts the extra hours instead of the 09h00 - 17h00 to get the business off the ground. 
  • She has that corner office and earns a six-digit salary because she is qualified for it and has the relevant experience.
  • They are couple goals because they have taken a decision to continuously forgive and love each other every day.
  • They can afford finer things in life because they prioritized saving and investing and reaping the benefits.

So yeah, it is offensive when someone says "luck you." What you see is the manifestation of planned actions. The bottom line is that success is not for the lazy. 


Lets have a conversation - what is your take on today Blog Post? How do you define luck? What attributes to success? Luck or Hard work... 

Comments

  1. Luck to me is nothing but hard work and strategic planning. Opportunities come and go but if you have prepared for them you are going to win one way or another because you will learn and grow from it or in it.

    Luck is just a word for the lazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, I think the word "Luck" has been missed interpreted and loosely used - to justify lazyness. Winning a lotto is pure luck but it also required you to buy the lotto ticket.

      Delete
  2. A missed opportunity can't be termed as bad luck. We need to learn to seize every moment and work hard for what we want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we can seize the moment but we also need to be mindful of the timing and alignment of one's manifestation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sisterhood Movement

Chin up! We are becoming

Believe in Yourself