Be Financially Savvy

Just the other day, I got a call from my Bank. They were thanking me for being such a loyal client, and they would like to reward me with life insurance. For just R 250 a month, I can ensure that my loved ones are well taken care of when I'm dead.


First of all, since when does one pay to receive a reward or how exactly am I being rewarded? Secondly, as much as I love my "loved ones," I would also like to reap the benefits of this life insurance, which I will pay for monthly. Right?? Wouldn't you?


Yeah, you guessed right, that call did not end well for the Sales Consultant. These calls are too common to me, and I have become so familiar with the lingo also. But that call got me so fired up. How come I never get a call inviting me to be part of a business seminar/summit/webinar? Banks do have investments, savings, and stokvel portfolios, right? So, how come they never sell me these products?


I guess my frustration is that society has conditioned us to be economical/financial slaves, and to accumulate more liabilities instead of assets and wealth. Beyond the conditioning, we have also enabled this kind of behavior. So lets break the cycle and stay woke.


Tips towards Financial Freedom: 

  • On earnings: Never depend on a single income. Make investment to create a second source. Commit to learning more about money.
  • On Spending: if you buy things you don't need, you will soon have to sell things you need. Have a budget.
  • On Savings: Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving. Pay yourself first.
  • On taking risks: Never test the depth of the river with both your feet. 
  • On investments: Do not pull all eggs in one basket. Have a simple investment plan.
  • On Expectations: Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people. Don't waste your money trying to look cool.


My advice to you:

  • Everybody has gone through something that has changed them.
  • Work until your bank account looks like a phone number.
  • You have to do what the 99% won't.
  • Never take let failure take control of you.
  • Give yourself no choice but to succeed.
  • Work until you don't have to introduce yourself.
  • Be thankful for the hard times, for they have made you.

But more importantly, be financially savvy. Break the generational curse of poverty and debt. And don't let that Sales Consultant fool you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sisterhood Movement

Chin up! We are becoming

Believe in Yourself